Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New Mexico Day 1



This past week, Nikolai and I took an extended trip to Northern New Mexico.  I had only really driven through New Mexico over a decade ago, so I really had no idea what to expect.  We drove in late to Santa Fe, where we were spending 3 out of 4 of our nights.  The sky was black and the lights of the city were gleaming as we came into the valley of this high mountain town.  
I was immediately struck by  the beautiful curvy streets of this old town.  However, when I was driving at night, I was a little more annoyed than please at these aesthetics.  After an hour and a half of driving from the Airport in Albuquerque, we snuggled into our plush bed at Casa Cuma Bed and Breakfast, excited for the adventures of tomorrow.    




No comments:

Post a Comment