Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Mexico Day 3


Today was our day we decided to bum around town. We took a hike to an over look of the city.  It was quite the fun trek to the top as you wound your way up a set of stairs that had a time line
of the city as you went. It is hard to imagine this high desert town 600 some years ago. As the day progressed, we wound our way down to the plaza. Busy shops, all over priced and Native artisans lined the streets. I found myself drawn to the silver work of a particular man. He and his family had sold on the Plaza for 3 or 4 generations. Needless to say, his great story made me feel like buying some of his wonderful work.  
For lunch, Nikolai had his 3 meal (in a row) that consisted of a burrito. He was thrilled at this idea! We did spend some time after lunch at a great geology shop called Dinosaurs and More. Yes, the science nerd in me getsecstatic when I see a shop with old fossils and older rocks. I was really excited to get a few things formy classroom. I think my best find was 300-million year old dino poo! My 8th graders are going to love that! Nik and I also took some time to quietly stroll through the halls of the Georgia O'Keefe Museum.  What an amazing woman.
Our night ended with another trip to Harry's Road House and then a relaxing dip in the outdoor hot tub. We couldn't have asked for a nicer way to end the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment